The TINY-2 MK-II is a versatile platform with a built-in 1200 baud AFSK TNC. It is low priced, quality product, with a proven track record.
A GREAT 'first TNC'
- Easy to use. Normal operation uses less than ten commands.
- PacComm's Personal Message System local mailbox with automatic forwarding features.
- GPS features included in standard model.
A Network Node
- Works with ROSE, NET/ROM, TheNet and all TNC-2 type network EPROMs.
- TINY-2 may be upgraded to 9.8MHz CPU clock speed for heavy channel use or for data speed of 9600 BPS or higher.
- Factory installed accessory modem header takes all PacComm and TAPR compatible modem cards.
- TINY-2/NODE model is supplied without an EPROM for user installed node firmware.
- Optional AD-4 Analog to Digital board for use with TheNet X1J firmware.
A GPS Tracker TNC
- APRS (Amateur Packet Reporting System) support features are standard.
- Places GPS location string into CText, LText, SText, etc.
- Will beacon location periodically.
- May be polled for position.
- Responds to ?APRS? queries.
- Available with internal GPS receiver.
- Switch from using your TINY-2 as a regular TNC to a remote vehicle tracker by executing one command.
- WA8DED host mode.
- KISS mode for satellite and TCP/IP.
- Telemetry via RS-232 or TTL port.
- Packet communication for a weather node.
- TNC-2 EPROM compatible
- Low power consumption: 45 mA.
- 32k RAM. Over 13k message storage.
- Multicolored LED's - PWR (Power), CON (Connect), STA (Status), Push-to-talk (PTT), Data Carrier Detect (DCD).
- LED Message waiting indicator.
- 64kB EPROM contains two images selected by rear panel switch.
- PacComm's firmware.
- WA8DED host mode.
- Rugged extruded case - 5 x 7 x 1 3/8 ins (130x180x35mm). Grey epoxy finish. Weight 18 oz. (500g).
- Both TTL level and RS-232 level serial ports to computer/terminal. Serial rates of 300 to 38.4k baud, jumper selected.
- Comprehensive User's Manual, Command Reference Card, complete circuit schematics provided.
- All mating connectors provided.
- Power plug (2.1 mm).
- 5 pin DIN plug.
- RS-232 solder cup connector and hood.
- 8 pin in-line connector provided for TTL connections.
Options (Available at additional cost)
Request for Information firstname.lastname@example.org
Take me back to PacComm homepage
Any questions regarding this page should go to email@example.com