PacComm Economy Wireless Modem (EWM)
The Economy Wireless Modem (EWM) offers error free data transfer between any digital devices: computers, terminals, industrial controllers, bar code readers, paging terminals, etc.
The EWM is well suited for all applications requiring minimum power consumption and and compact size. Telemetry (remote input/output), printer support available as extra cost options.
The Economy Wireless Modem is warranted for one year in commercial service. It is also available as an OEM model without case.
Capabilities and Features
- Simple interface to personal computers and all serial devices.
- Compatible with commercial voice radios: land-mobile VHF, UHF, SMR (Trunked), telemetry, etc.
Algorithms optimized for each major type of trunking system.
- Data encryption (scrambling) for data privacy.
80 character encryption key for security.
- Optional parallel printer/input-output feature:
- Operates any parallel printer.
- Input lines can read digital sensor data.
- Output lines can control (activate/deactivate) external devices.
- Alarm option provides up to eight input lines which trigger unique alarm messages for a variable duration.
- Hardware clock option allows the Economy Wireless Modem to control attached accessories at scheduled times.
- FCC Part 15 Class B Certified.
Physical and Electrical Specifications
- Rugged extruded aluminum case .
- 188 x 126 x 34 mm (7.40 x 4.94 x 1.33 inches), 500 grams (18 ounces).
- Power requirements: 9-14 VDC, 40 mA (typical).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Push button power switch.
- DIP switches located behind the front panel control radio and terminal baud rate parameters.
- Five LED Indicators:
- Data Connection
- Buffer Status
- Radio Receive Data (RXD)
- Radio Transmit Data (TXD)
- Rear Panel Connectors:
- Serial RS-232 data connector for computer or terminal (9 Pin EIA Connector).
- Optional parallel printer/I-O connector (26 Pin Ribbon Cable).
- Radio Connector (Locking 5 Pin Circular DIN).
- Power Connector (2.1mm coaxial, center positive).
- Uses the AX.25 protocol with PacComm enhancements.
- Integrated circuits rated for commercial temperature range (0-70º), mounted in gold plated machined pin sockets.
- Data rates of 300-38,400 BPS are supported on both terminal and radio ports.Different options support radio data rates and modulation types as follows:
- 1200 BPS AFSK
- 2400 BPS AFSK (see note below)
- 1200 and 2400 BPS MSK (special order)
- NOTE: 2400 BPS AFSK is recommended only for addition to existing 2400 AFSK systems. For new installations, 2400 MSK is recommended.
- Hardware Clock Option
- Parallel Printer/I-O Option
- Alarm Option
Take me back to PacComm homepage
Any questions regarding this page should go to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 7/19/2004